artwork by Carol Seeley

MASTER OF THE SKIES by Carol Seeley

Friday, October 11, 2013

Milkweed: Holly Hildebrand, Kathy Dill


........................................................................................................

Holly Hildebrand














Statement:
Milkweed Pods
Representative
Holly Hildebrand

I very seldom work in a realistic way except when doing portraits - and even then my colour choices are arbitrary!  When Kathy (my Abstraction partner) suggested we switch roles and I would be the realist, it seemed a portrait of the milkweed pod was good choice. We had been admiring the milkweed and taken many pictures of it while on an art outing together.Techniques: machine stitched drawing, machine quilted on unbleached cotton canvas.

..................................................................................................

Kathy Dill




Milkweed Pods
Abstracted
Cathy Dill
I love the beauty of nature, but usually do very representational art. It was very liberating and challenging to think outside my usual box.
Techniques: Hand painted, screen printed, digital transfer, free motion quilting.

1 comment:

  1. Nice to know you are also apart of the Art Quilt community! I hope to do more in my niche again this winter!

    ReplyDelete